14 March 2010

Welcome, Spring.

We are embarking on several new avenues of our lives, the specifics of which I hope to share soon. What I can say, at present, is that we are actively seeking a new place to live, and have found a lot that might just be perfect (and in our price range). Unfortunately, it seems as though each time we come to this point, the banks change the rules and requirements and we are left right back where we started. The value of our current house keeps dropping, so selling our house is no longer an option; we must either remain here, or move elsewhere and rent the house. The good news is that Chad won his place back on day shift. I will happily tolerate the ridiculously early mornings in return for having my husband back every night. I've been very lonely these past 10 months, and so having him home every night will be well worth the 4:30am alarm.

I feel vibrant! My health hasn't been this good since I was 17, I have more energy now than I've had in ages, and my weight is down to 130. My digestive system isn't perfect, but it's more than manageable now that I'm not in constant pain. My joints still ache when it rains, but somehow it just doesn't seem as bad anymore. It also helps that winter has melted away, the days are longer, and the air is warmer. After 5 months of snow cover, spring is definitely here, with all its puddles and mud. Of all the seasons, the spring thaw is the one part I wish I could just skip over. I tolerate it only because I know that soon the brown will be replaced by bright, new green, and all will be happy and new once more.

And in the meantime, I will enjoy watching Aidan discover the joys of jumping in muddy puddles.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay! Seems like quite a bit of good news. :) I'm glad you and Chad will be able to spend more time together, and fingers crossed about the house/land situation.

    ReplyDelete