06 January 2012

I will miss you, Great-Grandmother

Born in northern Portugal on a farm/plantation known as "A Quinta dos Ingles" my great-grandma Rosa lived the majority of her life in Brasil. She died this week at the ripe old age of 96, following about a year of declining health and increasing pain. I've been rushing, for the last few months, to try to sort out my documents so that I could go visit her and the rest of my family, but I was too late. Though I am glad that she is no longer in such pain, I regret that I didn't have the privilege of seeing her one last time, and that Aidan will never know her, his great-great grandmother, apart from photos. My cousins were kind enough to pass along Grandmother's last message to me, which I translate below:

God bless you and our family; she ask god to always protect you.
She loves your son very much
even though she have not see him
but deep down in heart she knowns him.

Love and kiss to Chad and Aidan, from your great grand mother


Circa New Year's eve, 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment