19 May 2012

Missing my babe

"In the face of loss, people deserve space to be out of their minds. And they will get back in their minds in their own time, not when people are tired of their grief and ready for them to move on.

We are unfair to grief, I think, treating it as an enemy or a disease to be fought. We do not succumb to grief. We do not lose to grief. We engage grief. It gives us the time our hearts need for us to be out of our minds." [Source: Julie Pippert http://theartfulflower.blogspot.com/2012/02/we-are-unfair-to-grief.html?m=1]


I never held you, but I knew you. And, I still miss you, little one. The three of us sent up a pink Chinese lantern in your honor on Friday night - a little early, so that Daddy could be there, too. We told Aidan about you. I'm not quite sure than he understood, but he did listen...perhaps even more quietly than usual. It was a good evening. 

Finally, to Glenda: Still I am endlessly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment