14 January 2011

Aidan loves his circus class!

For those of you who don't know, St. Paul, MN has a youth circus, holding classes for ages 2-22ish. Their facility is top notch, the coaches are great, but the best part is they have a toddler program. This winter, thanks to Grandpa Tom, Aidan gets to be a part of it.

I really didn't know what to expect. Actually, I assumed they'd mostly be doing tumbling. I was SO wrong. They do everything! Aidan is half way through the program, and he has already experienced: lyras (aka hoops), silks, swinging trapeze, German Wheel (Aidan's special favorite), balance beam, tumbling, juggling, tumble track, and trampoline. Being that it's a toddler class, I pretty much stay with Aidan the whole time. Not all of the parents do, but Aidan wants me there, so I oblige. Bless him, he always wants me to take a turn, and he has no idea how much I really want to! I miss circus even more than I miss dancing and horseback riding. Fortunately, they have a class or two for adults...which I might just have to enroll in next time we have some extra cash.

So, wondering whether Aidan enjoys himself? Take a look, and decide for yourself:

Aidan on the tumble track 1/7/2011



Aidan on the trampoline 1/14/2011


Anyways, I really need to borrow Kathy's video camera to get some better clips, but in the meantime, enjoy these two, taken by my phone. It's just too much fun not to share. Thank you Circus Juventas for making our winter so much fun!

Want to learn more? Visit the Circus Juventas website: http://www.circusjuventas.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment