03 August 2009

In Noctem, from the Half-Blood Prince soundtrack

Presenting, In Noctem from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince soundtrack, as per the original sheet music (Thank you www.musicbooksplus.com!). Perhaps someone with better Latin than I can offer up an official translation, but I do believe the latin part is simply a direct translation of the English portion of the song.

Carry my soul into the night.
May the stars light my way.
I glory in the sight, as darkness takes the day.

Ferte in noctem animam meam
Ilustrent stellae viam meam
Aspectu illo glorior, Dum capit nox diem

Cantate vitae canticum
Sine dolore actae

Sing a song
(Dicite eis quos amabam)
a song of life, lived without regret
(Me numquam obliturum)

Tell the ones, the ones I loved
I never will forget,
never will forget.

Love, love LOVE this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment